Seit 2013 ist Gabriele Meyer Inhaberin der Professur für Gesundheits- und Pflegewissenschaft an der Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg und Leiterin des Instituts für Gesundheits- und Pflegewissenschaft der Medizinischen Fakultät Halle.
- Clinical and epidemiological research in issues of care of the elderly, especially evidence-based approaches for the prevention of falls, fall and osteoporosis associated fractures in people with dementia, physical restraints in residential and nursing homes
- Methods and mediation processes in evidence-based nursing / medicine / healthcare, evidence-based patient information
Higher education qualifications
- 2004: Doctoral thesis, University of Hamburg, title of the thesis "Evidence-based preventive interventions in nursing and health care"
- 1998: "1. Staatsexamen", the 1st German State Exam (degree level) University of Hamburg, teaching post in health and German studies for senior classes and vocational schools
- 2013: Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg, Institute of Health and Nursing Science (Professorship, W3)
- 2008 - 2013: University of Witten / Herdecke, Chair of Clinical Nursing Research (Professorship, W2-equivalent)
- 2006 - 2008: University of Bremen, Assistant professor (Juniorprofessor) for Nursing Sciences with focus on theoretical fundamentals and clinical nursing research (Professorship, W1)
- 1999 - 2006: University of Hamburg, MIN Faculty, Health Sciences, scientific staff member
Employment in nursing profession
- 1992 - 1998: Part-time occupation, nurse in outpatient nursing and elderly care, Lüneburg and Hamburg
- 1990 - 1992: Nurse at the Municipal Hospital of Lüneburg
- 1987 - 1990: Vocational training as a nurse at the Municipal Hospital of Lüneburg
- 1985 - 1998: Diaconal assistant and internship in inpatient nursing at St. John's Hospital Gronau / Leine
Publications (284 kb)